Are you looking for a working guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy M12? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. This blog post will guide you step through step rooting procedure for Samsung Galaxy M12.
We have covered two methods. In the first method, we will Root this Samsung device using the TWRP Recovery method, and also, this method doesn’t require a computer or laptop. The second is without TWRP method, but you will need a PC for this method.
There are a lot of Rooting methods available on the internet, but most of them are not working at present. One of the widely used and working rooting tool is Magisk. You can get more information about Magisk by reading the below content.
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a systemless root solution that allows you to root your device while still retaining the functionality of Android Pay and other systemless features.
It is also compatible with devices that are already rooted. Magisk can be used to root a wide variety of devices.
The best thing about Magisk is that you can root almost any Android device even though all the Latest Android versions are also supported.
It is one of the safest ways to Root Android without modifying system files.
Must read, Common Problems in Samsung Galaxy M12
What is Rooting Android?
Rooting Android is the process of gaining administrator or root access to your Android device. It is a very powerful process that allows you to modify or delete system files, install custom firmware and ROMs, and much more. With root access, you can truly customize your Android device to your liking.
There are several reasons why you might want to root your Android device. Maybe you want to install a Custom ROM for a better user experience.
Perhaps you want to uninstall bloatware that came pre-installed on your device. Or maybe you just want to be able to tinker with your system files and see what all the fuss is about.
Whatever your reason, rooting Android can be a fun and empowering experience. Just be sure to do your research first, as there is a bit of risk involved. If you’re not comfortable with the process, or if something goes wrong, you could end up bricking your device.
Related article, Fix Samsung Galaxy M12 Not Recognized By PC
Benefits of Rooting
- Remove Bloatware for your device.
- Flash Custom ROM and Recovery.
- Ad-blocking for all apps.
- Improve performance by Tweaking Android.
- You can Install Unsupported Apps.
- Improve Battery life using Greenify4Magisk.
- Take full Android Backup using NANDroid backup.
- Update Android to the latest OS available without waiting for OTA updates.
Disadvantages of Rooting
- Your device will not receive OTA updates.
- High chances of bricking your device.
- Your device becomes more Vulnerable.
- Warranty will be void but not in case of rooting with Magisk.
- Most importantly, Take full Backup of your Samsung device.
- Charge your phone completely to avoid any interruptions.
- You need to Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M12.
- Windows PC/ Laptop required for the second method.
Warning: The following shown steps are only for the Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone. Please be aware that SamsungUsbDriverss is not responsible for any damage to your device, and there’s no guarantee in achieving a successful installation, so follow these instructions at your own risk!
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy M12 using TWRP & Without PC
If the TWRP Recovery is available for Samsung Galaxy M12, you can follow this method or follow the second method.
- First, you need to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M12.
- Download Magisk Zip file on your device itself.
- Move this zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Reboot Samsung Galaxy M12 in Recovery mode. Follow the below steps:
- Power Off your Samsung device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power key until you see the boot screen. Release the Power key keeping Volume Up key pressed you will boot into TWRP mode.
- On TWRP Recovery main screen, Tap on Install.
- Go to the location where you have saved the Magisk installer zip file and Select it.
- After that, Swipe the Slider at the bottom (Swipe to confirm flash) to flash Magisk on the Samsung Galaxy M12 device.
- Wait for a few seconds until the flashing process completes.
- Once done, tap on Reboot System.
After the device boots up, install Magisk App on your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone to manage Root permissions.
Must read, USB Drivers For Samsung Galaxy M12
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy M12 using Magisk [No TWRP Required]
Before proceeding to the steps, make sure to download the below-required files on your phone.
1. Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M12
Rooting an android device requires an Unlocked Bootloader. Without Unlocking your phone, you cannot flash or modify your android. You can find the unlocking guide in the requirements section or click here.
2. Download Stock firmware, Extract and Patch AP File
- For downloading stock firmware, we use the Frija tool.
- Once you download Frija tool, you will get a zip file. Extract it.
- After that, open the extracted folder and double-click on the frija.exe program.
- Inside the Frija tool interface, you need to enter your Samsung Galaxy M12 device Model and CSC code.
- To find your device Model. Go to Settings → About Phone → Here; you will see your phone Model number.
- To find your device CSC code, install the Phone Info App. Check the below screenshot for more info.
- Once you input the Model and CSC on the Frija tool, click on Check Update.
- Now you can Download the obtained stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy M12.
- Extract the firmware zip file using 7-Zip or Windows Extract option.
- Open the extracted firmware folder and copy the AP firmware file to your device.
- Install Magisk App on Samsung Galaxy M12.
- Open the app and tap on Install.
- Tap on Select and patch file.
- Select the AP firmware file.
- Next, tap on Let’s go.
- The patching process might take some time, so be patient.
- Once done, you can find the output file (magisk_patched.tar) inside the Downloads folder.
- Now copy this magisk_patched.tar file from your phone to your PC.
3. Flash Patched AP file using Odin
- After downloading the Odin flash tool zip file, extract it.
- Open the extracted folder and Run Odin as administrator.
- Ignore the warning message on the screen and hit Ok.
- Odin flash tool interface will opens up.
- Now, Reboot your Samsung Galaxy M12 device into Download mode.
- To do that, Power Off your device.
- Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and insert the USB cable into the Samsung Galaxy M12.
- Now press Volume Up button to go into Download mode.
- Inside Odin Tool, click on the BL button and select the extracted “BL” file.
- Click on the AP button and select the “magisk_patcher.tar” file.
- Next, click on the CP button and select the extracted “CP” file.
- Click on the CSC button and select the extracted “CSC” file.
- Uncheck “Auto Reboot” under Odin’s Options menu. This will prevent your phone from automatically rebooting after the flashing process completes.
- Click on “Start” to flash the file to your phone.
- The flashing process will take some time, so be patient.
- Once you see PASS green logo under Odin, that means the files have been successfully flashed.
- Finally, Reboot your device by pressing Volume Down + Power keys.
Once the device boots up, you will notice that it has been fully wiped. Just move forward and set up everything.
Now you will see Magik App on your app drawer. If not, install it again. Open Magisk App, and you will see a popup “Requires Additional setup” Tap Ok, and your phone will reboot.
How To Unroot Samsung Galaxy M12
The below steps will guide you on how you can completely remove Magisk Root from your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone.
- Open Magisk App from your App drawer.
- Now tap on “Uninstall Magisk.”
- You will now be asked to choose two options. Select the second one, which is “Complete Uninstall.”
- Grant all the permissions asked.
- After that Magisk app will automatically download the uninstaller package and reboot the Samsung Galaxy M12 phone.
- Once your device boots up, it will be fully unrooted.
If you want to update to a newer firmware version, you should always pre-patch the AP file and flash it via Odin just like you did before, but this time, you should use the Home CSC and not the CSC file this would preserve the data when doing a firmware update with Odin.
If you’d like to revert to a fully Stock Non-Rooted ROM, you’ll need to simply flash everything from there, including the original AP file and the CSC. In order to make a full wipe, it is mandatory if you want to revert to a Stock ROM after having a rooted one to go through the CSC file, which will wipe the device once again.
In this blog post, we’ve shown you how to Root your Samsung Galaxy M12 using Magisk. We hope that it’s been a helpful guide for those of you looking to get your phone rooted and take advantage of the many benefits of rooting a device.
If there is anything else we can help you with or if you have any questions about our process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Finally, make sure to Bookmark our site so as not to miss out on other upcoming posts from us here at samsungusbdriverss.com.